Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ E. Stone

I've had a wonderfully decadent and delicious day. I've been treated to waffles made from scratch and served in bed, homemade cards filled with x's and o's, a tiny seedling and a hand-crafted star pin made just for me and more than my usual share of hugs and kisses.

But while mothers are usually the centre of attention on Mother's Day, I wouldn't be celebrating anything if it weren't for my kids.


I read a quote somewhere that while we teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.

So thank you to Jack and Ella for coming into my life and making me who I am. Thank you for making me a mother. xo

3 comments:

Erin said...

Your day sounds wonderful! Happy Mother's Day, Fiona! And nice to see the pic of you & the kids!

Chicken Mama said...

And that's NO SMALL pile of waffles! Holy moley, rocky! ;)

I, too, love seeing the pictures of you & the kids.

Happy Monday, friend!

Thistledog said...

That's a photo for the scrapbook! Days and moments like that are so sweet. Your heart must be so full...

Related Posts with Thumbnails